|Monday:||9:30 - 16:30|
|Tuesday:||9:30 - 16:30|
|Wednesday:||9:30 - 16:30|
|Thursday:||9:30 - 16:30|
|Friday:||9:30 - 14:00|
|Address:||1117 Budapest, Pázmány Péter sétány 1/A, Tel.: 06-1-372-2500/6881|
|E-mail:||konyvtar [at] tatk [dot] elte [dot] hu|
The Library is located at the University’s Lágymányos Campus. It is accessible by public transport, having a short walk from the stop of trams 4, 6 or bus 212 at Petőfi bridge, Buda abutment.
Who can register?
Students of a certain course
Details of registration
Registration and membership
- professors, registered students and employees of the Faculty as well as other registered University students participating in a common program with the Faculty are entitled to use the services of the Library unlimitedly and free of charge;
- basic services of the Library are available for every citizen of Eötvös Loránd University free of charge, while active students of other higher educational institutions may use them for a fee;
- the Library registers the personal data, e-mail address and phone number of natural persons using free library services;
- services above basic services are available for registered members; registration to the Library is possible by filling out the registration form;
- library membership is valid for one semester but it may be renewed at the beginning of the next semester by proving eligibility.
By registration and membership users of the library accept and agree to abide by the library’s order and rules.
|Magdolna Endrei Kakasy||Head of Library||endrei_m [at] tatk [dot] elte [dot] hu||06/1/372-2500/6879|
|Tímea Nagy||Librarian||nagytimea [at] tatk [dot] elte [dot] hu||06/1/372-2500/6153|
|Éva Budavári||Librarian||budavari [dot] eva [at] tatk [dot] elte [dot] hu||06/1/372-2500/6153|
|Alexandra Tilhof||Librarian||tilhof [dot] a [at] tatk [dot] elte [dot] hu||06/1/372-2500/6881|
Although the Faculty of Social Sciences is one of the youngest faculties of the University, the history of its library goes back to the 1970s of the past century. Its core collection is part of the collection of the Institute of Sociology founded in 1969, which was further expanded in 2006 with the materials of the General Social Work specialization seceding from the Bárczi Gusztáv Faculty of Special Education. We are especially proud of our valuable pieces of documents originating from our professors legacy and donations.
Our constantly increasing collection currently holds slightly more than 42,000 pieces of documents. The number of subscribed Hungarian and foreign periodicals together is close to fifty. The online databases subscribed to by the University are accessible to our readers.
Our Library is popular among readers – especially among the students of the Faculty. The number of visitors is constantly growing and our expanding collection together with the familiar atmosphere of the Library make the reader forget the inconveniences resulting from unfavourable location.