|Monday:||Reading Room: 9.00-18.00
|Tuesday:||Reading Room: 9.00-18.00 |
|Wednesday:||Reading Room: 9.00-18.00 |
|Thursday:||Reading Room: 9.00-18.00 |
|Friday:||Reading Room: 9.00-14.00 |
|Address:||1088 Budapest, Múzeum krt. 6-8.|
|E-mail:||kariolvaso [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu|
|Phone:||+36 1 485 5200/5451|
|Library code:||B2 119|
Underground train: No. 2. - Astoria station
Tram: 47, 49 - Astoria station
Bus: 7, 178, 112, 8 - Astoria station
Who can register?
Details of registration
- The library is only available for use for registered users. The library user’s data is entered into the computer database at the time of registration and those shall be stored, handled and protected by the library in accordance with the provisions of Act LXIII of 1992 on the protection of personal data and disclosure of data of public interest.
- Registration is done in person, by filling out the library data sheet.
- The following is required for registration:
- For Hungarian citizens: student ID, personal ID and residence card.
- For foreign citizens: student ID, passport; for citizens of EU member states: passport or personal ID card.
- Registration is valid for one scholar semester for students and one calendar year for employees.
- Prior to starting using the library, the user shall verify that he/she is a registered member of the library.
- All registered library users are entitled to use the reading rooms of the library, collections on the open stacks and the computers located in the reading rooms.
- Teachers and employees of ELTE and students of ELTE BTK with a corresponding legal status may borrow from the collection specified.
|Dr. Gáborné Varga||Librarian||varga [dot] gaborne [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5837|
|Eszter Simon||Librarian||simon [dot] eszter [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5837|
|Gabriella Szakolczi||librarian||szgabriella [at] caesar [dot] elte [dot] hu|
|Ingrid Hamow||Librarian||hamow [dot] ingrid [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5319|
|Istvánné Balló||Librarian||ballo [dot] istvanne [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5192|
|Szonja Dániel||Head of Library||daniel [dot] szonja [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5031|
|Veronika Hartl||Librarian||hartl [dot] veronika [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5192|
|Xénia Vincze||Librarian||vincze [dot] ildiko [at] btk [dot] elte [dot] hu||+36 1 411 6500 / 5319|
The Central Reading Room has over 150,000 volumes of documents, the majority of which may be borrowed.
Our collections: Music, sheet music, film theory, film art, communication and media, literature history and theory, philology, Hungarian and world history, ethnography, aesthetics, selected Hungarian language literature related to philosophy, especially the textbooks of these subjects, compulsory and recommended literature, reference literature (encyclopedias, manuals) and dictionaries of the languages taught on the Faculty. The works of literature and critics necessary for the courses. Publications of the teachers of the BTK, publications of the institution.
Over 60 Hungarian language periodicals, weekly prints are also available in the Library.
Following termination of the ELTE Faculty of Teachers’ Training College, the book and sheet music collection of the Music Department was received by the Library. These collections are available exclusively to the teachers and students of the department. The department’s theses are also found here.
Two deposit collections are available in the Central Reading Room. One is intended to assist students of the Italian department, the other for students of the Roman Philology Department, in their studies. Both deposits are found on open stacks and may only be used on-site.
Cyrillic script collection
The majority of the works of literature found in the Russian language collection are of classics, literature history and theoretical literature, philology.